Monday, January 18, 2010

Monday mish-mash

I was helping out at the box this morning, so I used the gap between 6:30 and 8:30 classes to start the 603/Whole9 PTP program.

First I did my own warm-up (see below), so I was really sweating by the time I finished the buy-in.

Buy-in

3 rds (only did 2 + 1 handstand)
  • 20 sec handstand (used HSPU harness)
  • 15 kb swings (16k) -- these felt heavy for some reason!
  • 10 box jumps (20'')
Deadlift
  • 1RM = 185
  • Set 1: 60% = 110; 5 reps
  • Set 2: 90% of set 1 = 100; 5 reps
Press
  • 1RM = 80
  • Set 1: 60% = 45; 5 reps
  • Set 2: 90% of set 1 = 40; 5 reps
Cash out

3 rounds (only time for 2) -- 12:25 (took a video, so that took up some time)
  • 30 double-unders
  • 15 KTEs
--
Am I the only one wondering how my KTE's look? Yes? Well, here's a video anyway. heh :)



I'm thinking I'm starting to do them closer to corect, because my shoulders were getting tired and sore after round 2 of 15 reps. So I must be engaging them...

--
In addition, I started putting together a personalized warm up, which is one of my goals. I used a CrossFit Journal article and my experiences with warming up at Ultimate CF and CF KoP to create this baseline routine.
W/U:
  • Run, at least 400m
  • Row, at least 500m - focus on maintaining low stroke count and 2:10 pace (H/T Ultimate blog)
  • 3 rounds with PVC:
    - 10 shoulder dislocates
    - 10 good mornings
    - 10 OHS
  • 3 rounds:
    - 5 ring dips (floss)
    - 10 pushups (consecutive, on toes)
    - 3 dead hang pullups (floss/skinny band)
    (will work on increasing these reps as I get stronger)
--
Talked to Joe a bit about my cooldown, and to help with maintaining lumbar curve during deadlifts, I'm definitely going to incorporate hip extensions there. Not sure what else I'll include, maybe a rope climb? Got some instruction on that on Saturday from the husband, plus watched a few videos last week.

No comments:

Post a Comment