Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Fran and Helen had a lovechild

I was so close to Rx on this, I could taste it... Damn pullups...
"Playing with Fran and Helen"
3 rounds
Run 400m
15 Pull ups
20 Thrusters(95/65)
25 KB Swings(1.5/1.0 pood)
Results: 30:27

Biggest reason for that finish time was my first set of pullups. I tried my damnedest to get all 15 without any assistance. I made it to 13, failed 2 or 3 times, then got on the "mental floss" for the last 2. 2nd round I made it to 7 or 8 before I had to use the skinny band, and pretty much the same thing for the 3rd round. But I was pretty much just getting one at a time, so it took FOREVER. Better to learn how to do pullups than to finish first, but I was just really freakin' tired when I got down to the last set of thrusters and kb swings.

In keeping with my experience at CF KoP the other day, I could only do sets of 5 for the 65lb thrusters. But I'm cool with that. I'll work my way up to longer unbroken sets.

I disappointed myself a bit on the kb swings. The 1pood bell felt almost light and airy after the 45lb bell I used recently, but yet I didn't do all 25 in one set. 2nd and 3rd rounds I did do a set of 15 to start, so I kind of vindicated myself there.

Run was pitiful. Me and the track and a stopwatch need to become better friends. Running slow just depresses me because I know how fast I've been in the past. After I work on my distance for the 1/2 marathon, then it's time to work on some speed drills.

No comments:

Post a Comment