Friday, December 18, 2009

Strange night

Tonight was one of those nights I just did the workout to complete it. It was a test of mental strength -- the finish time was just an afterthought.

Chipper:
  • 1000m row
  • 50 pull ups
  • 25 kettle swings (24k/16)
  • 25 double unders
  • 20 kettle swings
  • 20 double unders
  • 15 kettle swings
  • 15 double unders
Results: 27:15 -- 4 unassisted kipping pullups, rest on tiny band; 16kg kb; all DUs- WOOT!

My row was fantastic, just over 4 minutes. My brain intended to write down my finish time on the board, but what I wrote down was my last pace measurement? WTF? I have no idea. So I wrote "2:04" on the whiteboard. Wonder what the coach thought of that? hehe

I was very happy that I did all double unders. Those are one of my "I can't" movements, but I think I really did well with them tonight. I need to work on doing consecutive double unders now that I'm pretty good at doing them by ones.

Pullups were pretty great when I remind myself how far I've come. Yeah, they took me alot longer, but I am ::thisclose:: to doing them all unassisted. I can't wait for the day when I can do WODs with pullups Rx. That will make me so proud. And Fran Rx. That will blow my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment