Thursday, February 11, 2010

Thursday with Allie

I coached the 0830 class this morning, but it was just my friend Allie and I, so we did the WOD together. Very nice surprise for a day when I was having a hard time getting motivated. :)

We did two shorter WODs today.
#1 -- 5 rounds for time of:
5 deadlifts (275lbs/165)
10 burpees

rest ~4 min...

#2 -- 2 rounds for time of:
400m run
40 kb swings (24k/16)
#1 -- 12:13, with 145

Deadlifts are probably my weakest lift at the moment, and 165 is only 20 off of my 1RM, so I decided to scale down and try to work on form and get more comfortable with the movement. I only had one attempt where I really started to roll my back, and I immediately dropped the bar when I felt it -- I had barely reached my knee. Burpees I did a lot slower than I am capable of, but I was pleasantly surprised at how easy the pushups felt. That used to be the part of the burpee that would kill me. Now it's my legs (quads) that get fatigued and slow me down. It's nice to feel like I'm improving. On the pushups I really focused on chest-to-ground to make sure I wasn't sagging like I did Tuesday.

#2 -- 10:18 Rx

First 400m -- the watch said 2:11 when I came in. I really need to hit the track and time some 400's to see how slow I really am... This was my first running WOD with my flat shoes, and I felt pretty good. I wear them all the time now to get my feet used to them -- now I just need to find a POSE coach.

I rested waaaay too much in this WOD. First set of swings was 30+10. Second set was 20+10+10. My arms got super tired for some reason. As usual I just freaking hate how the handle feels -- my pinkies don't fit, and then I don't know what the hell to do with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment