Thursday, September 29, 2011

Front squat

Yay, a strength day! I feel like I haven't had one of these in ages.

Front squat: 5-5-5-5-5

I got to be the demo girl, which started off my warm-up, and then I did one set of 5 @ 65#.

Work sets: 85-95-105-115-125

85 to 115 looked good and felt good.

At 125 I started losing control of my core alignment, my hips were popping in and out of line, and my weight was shifting all over the place in my feet. But, I powered through and completed the 5 reps.

This is a good starting point measurement for the strength cycle I'll be starting in November. I want to do a weightlifting program that focuses primarily on getting stronger, but also incorporates technique work. I'm hoping to find a coach to work with long distance if I can't find one in our new town. Yep, moving again in 30 days. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment