Thursday, October 29, 2009

Kip, throw, dip

WOD:

For time: 21-15-9
  • pull ups
  • wall ball shots (20lbs/14)
  • ring dips
Results: 21:50 (I think? I might have the # of minutes wrong, it may have been 20...)

Scaled pullups by using the beige (smallest) band. Scaled ring dips by using beige band.

--
This was my first attempt at ring dips. It went a lot better than I thought. Honestly these dips felt more natural than putting my palms on the side of a bench and my feet up on another bench. I will always do these on the rings from now on. I had to break down to sets of 1 for much of the workout, but it is what it is. I'll gain stamina and get more comfortable with the movement over time.

My pullups kicked total ass today. I have been improving my kip and I think that is making all the difference. I can't wait to do Jackie again in a few weeks and see how I've improved from last time. I wasted a lot of time dicking around with the resistance bands on that workout, not to mention I couldn't do many pullups in a row.

Wallballs lacked leg power, until the end when my arms were too tired to take the lead and finally let my legs do the work. I already knew I needed work on these, this was a good learning moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment