Thursday, October 22, 2009

Blackjack

I got back in time to attend my Camp Swampy gym at 5pm, so I did their WOD.

WOD:

For time.
Start with 20 push ups and 1 sit up. Each round reduce 1 push up and add 1 sit up until you reach 1 push up and 20 sit ups.

Results: 26:?? (I have a bad memory for my times even though I check them as I walk out the gym door)

--
Even though I had a really slow time compared to others, I felt that I was really getting in the full range of motion on my pushups and situps, so I was OK with it.

I will push the envelope a little more on the pushups next time. My issue today was that when I would try to go for 2 or 3 in a row, I would crap out at the bottom, and then "waste" the downward movement effort. So I was doing them 1 at a time, and then pushing back into a child's pose kind of position to take the pressure off my arms.

This will be a good workout to use as a benchmark as I improve my pushups. I wonder if one day I will be able to do the whole thing with "real" pushups, instead of on my knees. That would kick so much ass. :)

--
For cool down, it was "work on something you suck at". So I did some pullups on the small band, overhead squats (worked up to 55lbs, woot!) and I worked on my headstand with my knees on my elbows. I have no idea what that's called, but it's the starting point I'm going from for handstand pushups. From that position, I'm working on raising my legs into the air and holding them straight up with no support. Then I'll move on to working on handstands against the wall, and then actually doing the "push up" part. :)

--
Video that I really liked from CrossFit Portland.

No comments:

Post a Comment