Sunday, May 8, 2011

100 back squats - aftermath

My lack of WODs for the past week is directly due to that MF'er I did on Monday -- 100 back squats at 50% 1RM.  Thank god I had subs for most of my classes last week, due to my husband being on leave, because I couldn't walk right, let alone demo any movements until nearly Friday. I was seriously crippled.

And I was pissed because I had planned to take my husband to a power yoga class Wednesday night, but I was too sore to go to it. :( BOOOOO!

Though I think this means 2 things.
1. I need to squat heavy more often
2. I need to seriously consider ice baths after WODs that I know are going to crush my legs

--
In an effort to relieve my pain, I did the WOD on Wednesday AM. Also, I only had 1 student come to class, and I thought some "side-by-side" coaching would work well for the WOD. Especially since I really wanted to make some detailed observations of her rowing and running, as those are areas where she struggles. And I'm glad to say we had a great session, and got some ideas for things for her to work on. :)

WOD:
3000m Row
1.5 mi run

Results: ~35:00, row was ~13:00, definitely didn't push very hard on the row or run

1 comment:

  1. I know this sounds ridiculous, considering that I also know how much pain one can be in from heavy squats, but I have found that running the next two days after heavy squats will work out that soreness. The first 1/4 mile hurts but it usually works out pretty quickly. Try it next time you are crippled...I promise it works!

    ReplyDelete