Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Kelly "Lite"

WOD: Kelly "Lite"

3 rounds ("regular" Kelly is 5 rounds)
  • 400m run
  • 30 box jumps 24"
  • 30 wall ball shots (20lbs/14)
Results: 29:36 as RX'd

--
I pushed myself by using the 24'' box, and the 14lb med ball -- lots of the chicks at the gym today scaled down to 10lb ball, blah to that (but hell no to the 20lb'er). I also tried to use the 8' line on the wall, instead of the lower line for women. I honestly think the lower line is kind of a cop-out when the weight is already scaled down.

But at the same time, I think I could've pushed myself harder on the runs, and also on the wall balls. I wasn't keeping up any kind of rhythm with them, just doing random sets of 2, 3, 4, 5. I'd like to blame yesterday's total shoulder annihilation, but I just wasn't focusing and pushing myself. I'll do better on those next time.

My box jumps kicked total fucking ass. I was feeling good about being the only chick at 5pm or 6pm jumping the 24'' box. I think at least 2 of those ladies were selling themselves short, and could've done awesome on 24'', but did 20''.

No comments:

Post a Comment