Saturday, February 18, 2012

No longer a CrossFit orphan!

You may have guessed from my lack of posts since November that my consistency with my training had pretty much gone down the toilet. If you did, you were correct.

I really underestimated how hard it would be to stay motivated as a "loner" CrossFitter. I tried a few things to get my motivation back, but nothing really stuck.

This morning I did my first WOD at my new CrossFit home, and I am SO glad that I found them. The idea of struggling through this alone for the long term was really getting me down.

But now I have the wonderful people at CrossFit Rifles to sweat, struggle, learn and laugh with. It feels amazing to have a local CrossFit community to be a part of again -- of course I will always have my CF KoP peeps who have me as a satellite member. :)

We did a pretty simple team WOD, and I am physically wrecked. It will be a frustrating process to get back to where I was in terms of conditioning, strength and mental toughness, but it will be worth it.

--
Team WOD
500m row
9 front squat*
9 push press*
9 front squat
9 push press
400m run
9 SDHP**
9 ring dips
9 SDHP
9 ring dips

Results: 13:38 -- and that was all me and my slow ring dips
*65#
**24kg kb
On ring dips, I self-assisted with one foot, but tried to do the negative unassisted

No comments:

Post a Comment