Monday, August 9, 2010

Big loads going overhead, videos

Strength + metcon today, so you know I was happy. :)
Strength: Push press 1-1-1-1-1-1

Results: 85-90-95-105-115-125
Everything went up fairly easy except the 125. I did lose my balance a bit and move my feet, which I think technically fails the rep? But I'm counting it since I know I didn't rebend the knees at all to try to jerk it. I can remember having that problem last time I worked push press.

I AM SO STOKED ABOUT THIS NUMBER! How amazing that I am putting that much weight over my head! Last time I tested this lift, I maxed out at 95. 30 pound PR baby! Woot!

After strength it was time for a metcon.
3 rounds:
50 double unders
25 wall balls

Result: 13:16
I should've been so much faster on this. Definitely didn't achieve anything close to 23 DUs this time, but I was able to get a couple sets of 10+.

I did a lot of resting in this metcon. When I start to try to push push push, I lose focus and miss attempts at both DUs and wall balls. I have to take a deep breath, focus, and start again.

Considering how angry and frustrated DUs used to make me, I'm glad I can maintain my focus, but at some point I need to do that without taking so much rest. I'll figure it out.

--
Cool video one of our coaches put together. Look for me in the colorful outfit with the blue socks. :)



--
Messed around with this butterfly technique today, and got a few singles out of it. Very neat! Take a quick second to watch and try it out. You know it's gotta be good if it's coming from Chris Spealler. :)

2 comments:

  1. Awesome! Just about everything you said was pretty cool.

    Someday I will be able to do pull-ups and I will not hate them so much. Today is not the day. I'm sure now that I'm saying this, there will be a billion pull-ups for the workout today. I also hate push-ups, which is unfortunate since I've been told to improve one you do the other.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice Push Press numbers girlie!! That is awesome!!!

    I've never tried a buttefly pullup. Great video instruction.

    ReplyDelete